Mark your calendar for these events
18 May, 12
Crazy Horse Memorial invites you to attend the following special events. The occasions noted in red offer free admission when you present 3 cans of food per person or cash gifts for the KOTA Care & Share Food Drive:
- May 25-30 – Memorial Day weekend open house. The weekend brings the seasonal start of the “Legends in Light” laser and light show program that is shown at dark on the mountain carving through mid-October. The mountain will salute the country’s defenders with a blast at 11 a.m. Monday, May 28.
- June 2-3 – Crazy Horse Volksmarch, 27th annual public walk to the carved face. The Black Hills chapter of American Volksport Association charges $3 hike fee.
- June 7 – Summer Performance & Lecture Series. Lakota educator, historian and author Ed McGaa begins the free Thursday weekly programs at 6 p.m.
- June 15-17 – Crazy Horse Stampede Rodeo and Gift from Mother Earth Celebration of American Indian & western arts. Buy a rodeo ticket & see the visitor complex for free. Rodeo sessions start at 2 p.m. Art show-sale hours are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday.
- June 26 – Night Blast honoring the 1876 Battle of Little Bighorn and Crazy Horse President-CEO Ruth Ziolkowski’s 86th birthday. Admission after 7 p.m. will be three cans of food per person for the KOTA Care & Share Food Drive.
- July 4 – Military veterans honoring Blast at 11 a.m.