Free summer programs wrapping up
You may attend the weekly summer programs, tour the visitor complex and see that evening’s “Legends in Light” laser-light program all for free. All you have to do is provide financial contributions or three cans of food per person for the KOTA Care & Share Food Drive. The drive benefits people served by the Feeding South Dakota food bank in Rapid City, SD.
The remaining scheduled 6 p.m. Thursday presentations will feature:
- August 2 – Geraldine Goes In Center of Rapid City. Known as the “Wasna Woman” for her popular dried buffalo and berry recipe, this Lakota educator and author advocates traditional foods as part of a healthy diet.
- August 9 – Lakota youth drum group, singers and dancers from Rapid City;
- August 16 – Will Peters, Pine Ridge, SD, Lakota educator, musician and storyteller;
- August 23 – Steve Tamayo, Mission, SD, Lakota historian and Sinte Gleska University educator;
- August 30 – Linda Thompson-Sewell, Lower Brule, SD, Lakota artist, dancer and traditional crafts maker.